Details for St. John Catholic Church (of Bomarton) (Atlas Number 5023005036)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5023005036

Data

Marker Number 5036
Atlas Number 5023005036
Marker Title St. John Catholic Church (of Bomarton)
Index Entry Saint John Catholic Church (of Bomarton)
Address
City Bomarton
County Baylor
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 460871
UTM Northing 3707416
Subject Codes churches; Roman Catholic denomination
Marker Year 1970
Designations
Marker Location from Seymour, take US 277 south about 10 miles to Bomartin & take county road about .25 mi. east to church
Marker Size 20" x 20"
Marker Text Established in 1908, when services and Masses were held in Mary's Creek Schoolhouse or in home of Matt Marak. First Church edifice was built 1909, with John Cocek, Marak, Leopold Skrehot, and Alois Sykora, trustees. Father Paul Mosler was installed as first pastor in 1910. Brick church was built in 1936. (1970)