|| Construction on this Queen Anne style home, which features sunbursts in the gables, elaborate corner brackets, and fish-scale shingles, was begun in 1892 by Ele Bright Baggett (1847-1934) and his wife, Mary Carolyn (Butts). The house is across the street from the home of Baggett's father, Silas, one of Belton's founders. After Ele, his brother James Monroe, and their father served in the Civil War, they returned to Bell County and drove many herds of cattle to Kansas and Montana. Ele had interests in land, cotton gins, and banking. The Baggetts sold the home in 1900.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983