|| A distinctive Victorian house, associated with one of the historic private schools of Bell County. Charles H. Wedemeyer (1857-1938), a former teacher and administrator of Baylor University, Crane College, and Waco University, moved here with his wife Mary (Johnson) and family in 1887. They built this home in 1891, adjoining Wedemeyer Academy, where many area leaders were educated. Since 1927, house has been owned by family of Mrs. Alice Law. It was restored in 1973-74 by Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Law.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975