Details for Frankford Church

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5085006160


Marker Number 6160
Atlas Number 5085006160
Marker Title Frankford Church
Index Entry Frankford Church
City Frankford
County Collin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 703389
UTM Northing 3652117
Subject Codes Methodist (Methodist Episcopal and United Methodist) denomination; Episcopal denomination; churches
Marker Year 1978
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location south end of Muirfield Drive, Dallas, north of Frankford Cemetry
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text The White Rock Masonic Lodge Hall served as a schoolhouse and church building for the early Frankford community. Among the worshipers were a group of Methodists who were organized as part of a circuit in 1885. In the 1890s, this frame church building was erected through the efforts of Captain William McKamy (1823-1902) and several neighbors. The Methodists occupied the structure until 1924. Episcopal services began here in the 1960s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1978

Location Map