||Old Cumberland Hill School
One of the first brick schools in Dallas system, this Victorian building was constructed in 1888 on the site of a pre-Civil War school organized by Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Dallas.
In early decades this school drew pupils from several areas. Many students arrived each day in handsome carriages.
In later times the student body came from many different nationalities, giving rise to nickname "Melting Pot School."
From 1963 to 1969 the building housed a progressive vocational center, teaching construction trades to citizens of area.