||Members of Central Christian Church organized this fellowship in 1903. The earliest services were held in a wooden chapel at the northeast corner of Peak and Victor Streets. The Rev. John Stevens served as the first pastor. In 1907 the tabernacle was moved to this site, donated by J. J. Hart. A new brick building replaced the structure in 1912. A leader in the growth of East Dallas, the church has actively supported neighborhood programs, missions, and the Juliette Fowler Home, started by member Sara Harwood. Many prominent Dallas leaders have been members here.