||This congregation has grown from two earlier fellowships. In 1868 Joshua Addington started a Sunday School, the beginning of the Dallas City Mission. Later the Mission formed Floyd Street Church and in 1880 Haskell Avenue Church was organized. At the North Texas Annual Conference in 1902, the two congregations merged to form Grace Methodist Church. A temporary tabernacle was erected on the back of this lot. In 1903 the first portion of this structure was completed. After remodeling in 1925, the educational unit was added.