|| This neighborhood is one of the few remaining intact residential districts which reflect the early twentieth century suburban development of Dallas. Construction of homes in this vicinity began soon after the Jewish Temple Emanuel El was moved here in 1913 from its downtown location. Many early residents of the neighborhood were prominent leaders of the Dallas Jewish community.
Included in the district are homes designed by the leading area architects of the time. The structures feature a variety of popular architectural influences, representing details of the Midwestern Prairie, Mission Revival, Classical Revival, and Georgian styles.
A gradual migration of area residents to newer suburban developments began following the end of World War II. During the 1950s, the South Boulevard-Park Row neighborhood became the home of many prominent Black leaders of the Dallas area. Residents here have included educators, lawyers, merchants, clergymen, doctors, and business executives. Since the early twentieth century the neighborhood has been a symbol of the growth, prosperity, and vitality of Dallas. (1981)