||Site of Old Livery Stable and Wagon Yard
||Livery Stable & Wagon Yard, Site of
||205 N. Grant Ave.
||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
||205 N. Grant St., Odessa (near Odessa Police Dept.)
||18" x 28"
|| Established 1897 as Odessa's first livery stable and wagon yard by Francis M. Tallant.
Cowmen stabled their horses, then headed for ranch saloon located across from stable. Sold 1906 to C. A. Beardsley, who advertised "good rigs, dray line and prompt attention."
Livery stable had saddle horses and animal-drawn vehicles for hire. Wagon yard offered shelter for travelers and their teams.
Automobiles changed life. In 1915, Joe W. Rice bought stable and converted it into a garage sandstone structure (covered with stucco) still stands.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1967.