||This group of buildings was constructed by german native Diedrich Rode (1828-1905). The three-story limestone residence was completed in 1880 and featured a third floor storage area for wool and cotton produced on the land. A Lutheran, Rode served as an early minister and held services in the Betkapelle, a prayer chapel on the east side of the second floor. In addition to his ranching, he also taught school. A landmark in the Cherry Spring community, the homesite was sold to Willie Kothe in 1929. It has remained in his family for over 50 years.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989