||St. Barnabas Episcopal Church
||Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church
||eccesiastical buildings; churches; design and construction; Episcopal denomination
||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
||W. Creek St. and S. owie St.
||Medallion & Plate
||Originally one of earliest homes in Fredericksburg. built by German settler Peter Walter. Walter built log cabin on lot, then began permanent home of fachwerk construction, 1846. He owned and farmed surrounding land while plying his trade of wagoner to Fort McKavett.
House was bought by parish formed in 1952. Restored as a mission, it was consecrated by Bishop Everett H. Jones on St. Barnabas Day, dec. 16, 1954.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962