||St. Paul Lutheran Church
||Saint Paul Lutheran Church
||Lutheran denomination; eccesiastical buildings; churches
||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
||take RR 1631 NE approx. 10 miles
||Medallion & Plate
||Oldest rural Lutheran church in Gillespie County. The Rev. M. Haag served as first pastor. Charter members numbered 17.
A frame building with walls of rough boxing planks was dedicated June 22, 1884. Size: 25 x 30 feet with a 40-foot tower. Cost: $600. In 1890 building was enlarged, interior finished, beaded ceiling installed. Altar niche was added, interior finished with sheet rock and exterior covered with tin in 1928-29.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969