||This frame commercial building with decorative sheet metal siding was constructed in 1918. D. E. Dillow built the structure for the mercantile partnership of P. M. Maize and his brother-in-law Fred Brandt (c. 1962). Originally, located in the nearby community of Hansford (6 miles west), then the county seat, it was moved to this site in 1920. Brandt became sole proprietor of the business nine years later and continued the operation until the 1950s.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980.