|| Chartered in 1856 in the town of Ash Springs, this Lodge was named for James F. Taylor (1812-1889), a leading citizen, state legislator, and Mason. After the railroad bypassed Ash Springs in the late 1860s, the Lodge moved to the new town of Hallsville, where the members built a two-story lodge hall. The first floor of the building was used for a school, while the second story was the Lodge meeting place. The Masons continued to operate the only school in town until 1915. Throughout its history the Lodge has been a leading force in civic activities.
Texas Sesquicentennial 1836 - 1986