||Originally a two-room cabin, built about 1853 near the Lavaca River (2 miles northeast) by Orin L. Winters (1811-1902), a native of Tennessee. He lived in the structure until 1873. About 1902, the oak log cabin was torn down by Adam Schutz, and used to construct a barn and a blacksmith shop. The blacksmith shop later burned, and in 1973, the barn was dismantled, moved here, and restored as a cabin, to represent the pioneer heritage of Lavaca County.
Incise on back:
Building - The Adolph Petrek family
Restoration and fence - William W. Allen, Mr. and
Mrs. Alton C. Allen, Wilbur H. Baber, Jr.
Marker - Descendants of Winters Family
Site - City of Moulton
Restoration contractor - Newton Peschel
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1974