||Affluent families of Nacogdoches began building spacious homes in this area overlooking the town in the 1890s. Robert and Emily (Willis) Lindsey, local dry goods merchants noted for their contributions to the arts in Nacogdoches, built this prominent hilltop Victorian residence in 1901. It was designed by noted local architect Dietrich A. W. Rulfs, who designed many of the area's grand residences. The house, which remained in the Lindsey family until 1945, was significantly enlarged in 1953.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1995