Details for St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (Atlas Number 5371004488)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5371004488

Data

Marker Number 4488
Atlas Number 5371004488
Marker Title St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Index Entry St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
Address
City Fort Stockton
County Pecos
UTM Zone 13
UTM Easting 702913
UTM Northing 3418863
Subject Codes churches; Episcopal denomination
Marker Year 1966
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Corner of E 2nd and Spring Rd
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Originally constructed at Pecos (54 mi. NW) in 1896, this building served the congregation of St. Mark's Episcopal Church. In 1958 it was sold to members of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church of Fort Stockton and moved to this site. Located on property donated by Dr. D.J. Sibley, the frame church building reflects styling of the late Victorian period. Interior furnishings include a cross of solid ebony. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1966.