||Organized June 13, 1892, as the First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, by The Rev. W. W. Werner, with seven charter members. In 1906 original church body joined the Abilene Presbytery, Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. Congregation moved from its first location (Ave. Q and 26th) in 1924. Used basement at Avenue R and 28th Street for worship until sanctuary was completed in 1929. Leaded stained glass memorial windows honor small, dedicated congregation who built this church. Bell, forged in 1902 and still used regularly, came from white frame church of 1904.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1969