Details for Rehoboth Cemetery (Atlas Number 5439004237)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5439004237

Data

Marker Number 4237
Atlas Number 5439004237
Marker Title Rehoboth Cemetery
Index Entry Rehoboth Cemetery
Address
City Arlington
County Tarrant
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 674711
UTM Northing 3611601
Subject Codes graveyards
Marker Year 1997
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark No
Private Property No
Marker Location Corner of T. O. Harris Rd. and FM 157 (Cooper St.), Arlington
Marker Condition In Situ
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text The Rehoboth Cemetery began in 1871 with the burial of infant Mary Miller. The cemetery served the community of Sublett, named after John Sublett. The town consisted of a school, post office and church. The one-room schoolhouse, also used by the Rehoboth Baptist Church, once stood next to the cemetery. The 2.5 acre site contains more than 500 graves, although many of the headstones are illegible. Among those buried here are pioneer settlers and their descendants. Formed in 1970, the Rehoboth Cemetery Association maintains the site, which continues to serve the area. (1997)