Details for Old Bailey Hotel (Atlas Number 5499008948)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5499008948

Data

Marker Number 8948
Atlas Number 5499008948
Marker Title Old Bailey Hotel
Index Entry Bailey Hotel, Old
Address 111 Front St.
City Mineola
County Wood
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 266593
UTM Northing 3616518
Subject Codes buildings; inns, hotels, motels
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 111 Front St. BUILDING RAZED 2001, MARKER REMOVED
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text H. T. Henry opened the first hotel at this site in 1896. M. A. Bailey (1845-1924) later purchased the property and constructed the present brick building. The Bailey Hotel, completed in 1913, served travelers and salesmen using the rail lines through Mineloa. Designed by B. S. Leake, the structure features interior woodwork of oak, pine, and maple. Carlton B. Jones purchased the business in 1940 and operated it as the Carlton Hotel until his death in 1974. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980

Images