||Gustavus Adair Wynne and Samuella Gibbs, who became civic and business leaders in Huntsville, married in 1883 and moved into this house, which they first built in the Queen Anne style. By 1917, they transformed the house into a classical revival structure featuring doric columns and a two-story portico. The additions coincided with Adair’s career success; he was vital to organizing Gibbs National Bank, where he served as chairman of the board. Gibbs Adair, one of the Wynnes’ sons, later lived here with his wife Lela Mae (Brown). In 1998, family members donated the house for use as a cultural arts facility.