Details for The Little House of Fellowship

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5507016500


Marker Number 16500
Atlas Number 5507016500
Marker Title The Little House of Fellowship
Index Entry Little House of Fellowship, The
Address 308 17th Street
City Canyon
County Randall
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 232857
UTM Northing 3874768
Subject Codes churches
Marker Year 2010
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text Canyon City Episcopalians began holding worship services in 1910. By 1928, plans were drawn for construction of a student center to meet the needs of a growing church congregation and student population at West Texas Normal College. Opened the next year adjacent to the church's chapel, the Little House of Fellowship became a social and religious center for students. After the congregation moved closer to campus in 1964, the side-gabled, running bond brick little house became available for commercial use. Its main façade features a potted chimney, a central door flanked by windows with stone springers on semicircular arches, and two other pairs of semicircular arched windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2010

Location Map