|| This historic home was built in 1919-1920 by Eausel Clark after his marriage to Bertie Fullen on September 17, 1919. The home was built from available lumber salvaged from older homes and includes batten walls and two hand-hewn sandstone fireplaces. In 1934, the house was reconstructed with lumber from the Knox Sawmill in East Mayfield. In 1946, the Clarks sold the property to Jesse and Aretha Cooper James who then sold it to Edward and Lula McGown James in 1959. The first three owners survived by subsistence farming and through work in the timber harvesting industry. This home represents the modest lives of farmers and timber workers in Sabine County in the early 1900s.