||The Lipscomb-Doggett House was built by Dr. Priestly Lipscomb (1869-1942) and wife, Molly Binyon (1871-1942). The couple contracted the one-story frame house from J.C. Thornton in 1895. Built on bustling West Oak Street, the Victorian Folk cottage was quaint compared to most larger Queen Anne-style neighborhood homes. W.T. Doggett (1883-1957), superintendent of Denton City Schools, purchased the home in 1920 and updated it with modern Craftsman-style exterior features. The footprint and original bois d'arc pier and beam foundation, however, have not been altered since 1926.
RECORDED TEXAS HISTORIC LANDMARK - 2016