|| In 1925, Louis and Inez (Grider) Brulay contracted with prominent Brownsville architect E. Guy Holliday to design a house within the city’s first suburb. Louis Brulay was the son of George Brulay, a French native who owned and operated the successful Brulay Sugar Plantation outside of the city. The home’s architectural influence follows the Spanish-Mediterranean style, prominent during this time and complementary to the region’s climate. Curved archways with Spanish tile accents, white textured stucco and red clay terracotta roof tiles adorn this historic structure.
RECORDED TEXAS HISTORIC LANDMARK – 2016