Details for "C" Ranch House (Atlas Number 5003000003)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5003000003

Data

Marker Number 3
Atlas Number 5003000003
Marker Title "C" Ranch House
Index Entry "C" Ranch House
Address
City Andrews
County Andrews
UTM Zone 13
UTM Easting 731045
UTM Northing 3578412
Subject Codes ranches/ranching; houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1966
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location From Andrews, 10 mi. from SH 158/FM 1788 intersection; private access
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text First privately owned land in Midland area, purchased in 1883 by Nelson Morris of Chicago. Then known as the Chicago Ranch, it had the first wire fence and windmill in West Texas and world's largest herd of Black Angus cattle. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1966