Details for Shelburne-Reinecker House (Atlas Number 5015004666)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5015004666

Data

Marker Number 4666
Atlas Number 5015004666
Marker Title Shelburne-Reinecker House
Index Entry Shelburne-Reinecker House
Address 402 S. Masonic St.
City Bellville
County Austin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 764397
UTM Northing 3316042
Subject Codes Bungalow (Architectural style); state official; houses, residential buildings; Praire School (Archictectural style)
Marker Year 1994
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text This house began as a one story residence built in 1882 by prominent lawyer, stage legislator, and merchant James Henry Shelburne (1845-1904) and his wife Mary Ann Perkins. Their heirs sold the house to William and Bertha Reinecker in 1912. The Reineckers added a second story, wraparound porch, and indoor plumbing in 1913, transforming the farm house into a prairie school design-influenced bungalow. The house remained in the Reinecker family until 1981. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994