Details for Bandera County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5019000291)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5019000291

Data

Marker Number 291
Atlas Number 5019000291
Marker Title Bandera County Courthouse
Index Entry Bandera County Courthouse
Address 504 Main St.
City Bandera
County Bandera
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 493006
UTM Northing 3288487
Subject Codes Spanish Renaissance Revival (Architectural style); courthouses
Marker Year 1972
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 504 Main Street (Highway 16)
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text First permanent courthouse for county, which was organized in 1856, but used makeshift quarters for offices and courtrooms until this building was erected 1890-91. Style is local version of the Second Renaissance Revival. White limestone for the structure was quarried locally. B.F. Trester of San Antonio drew the plans--for $5. Contractors: Ed Braden & Sons. Interior was remodeled and a wing added in 1966. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1972.