Details for Aldridge-Fitzwilliam Home (Atlas Number 5021009146)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5021009146

Data

Marker Number 9146
Atlas Number 5021009146
Marker Title Aldridge-Fitzwilliam Home
Index Entry Aldridge-Fitzwilliam Home
Address
City Bastrop
County Bastrop
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1968
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 2 mi. W off highway 204
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Built 1852 on part of league granted in 1831 by the Mexican government to Mozea Rousseau, a member of Austin's 2nd colony. First portion was erected by John Aldridge, farmer, whose family lived here until about 1865. The 2-story part was built about 1872 by J. W. Fitzwilliam, captain in Confederate Army and plantation owner. House is called "Wexford" after town in Ireland where he was born. Home is still owned by the Fitzwilliam family. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968