Details for Saint Philip's Episcopal Church (Atlas Number 5025004487)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5025004487

Data

Marker Number 4487
Atlas Number 5025004487
Marker Title Saint Philip's Episcopal Church
Index Entry Saint Philip's Episcopal Church
Address
City Beeville
County Bee
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 622948
UTM Northing 3142385
Subject Codes Greek Revival (Architectural style); eccesiastical buildings; Episcopal denomination; churches
Marker Year 1967
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Corner of N. Adams and Corpus Christi Sts., Beeville
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text First Unit, transept, built 1893 on this site purchased in 1890 from heirs of G.W. McClanahan. In 1910, nave added with funds from sale of block of land given to the missionary jusidiction of Western Texas by English born H.W. Wilson, 1888. Early members donated furnishings, bell tower and 1896 inscribed memorial bell. First Protestant parochial school in county was organized here in 1954. Gothic design retained in 1964 renovation. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1967