Details for Old Anderson Place (Atlas Number 5027000159)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5027000159

Data

Marker Number 159
Atlas Number 5027000159
Marker Title Old Anderson Place
Index Entry Anderson Place, Old
Address 35 Main St.
City Salado
County Bell
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 639799
UTM Northing 3424537
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; governors; women, women's history topics
Marker Year 1965
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12" Plate & Medallion
Marker Text Built 1860 at edge of an old Indian campground, by James B. Anderson, one of town's founders and a school trustee in Salado. Community leaders, lawyers and doctors have lived here. Boarding here in 1883 while a student at Old Salado College was James E. Ferguson, 1915-1917 Governor of Texas--and husband of the first woman Governor. Under panelling and cedar walls. Window glass is hand blown. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965