Details for Armstrong-Adams House (Atlas Number 5027000205)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5027000205

Data

Marker Number 205
Atlas Number 5027000205
Marker Title Armstrong-Adams House
Index Entry Armstrong-Adams House
Address 2 N. Main St.
City Salado
County Bell
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 639759
UTM Northing 3424653
Subject Codes Greek Revival (Architectural style); houses, residential buildings; medical topics and health professionals
Marker Year 1985
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Main and Thomas Arnold Streets, Salado.
Marker Size 16" x 12" Plate & Medallion
Marker Text Dr. David H. Armstrong, who served as one of the first trustees of the Salado public free schools, and his wife, Julia, built this home between 1869 and 1872. It later became the residence of a succession of Salado doctors, including Dr. D.G. Adams and Dr. J.E. Guthrie. The central cottage plan residence features elements of the Greek Revival style, such as the Classical portico with Doric piers over the entryway. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1985