||Will Campbell, who constructed many early homes in Temple, built this residence in 1912 for C.L. Walker (1881-1940) and his wife Daisy (1884-1969). Since 1945 it has been owned by their son C.L. ("Chick") Walker, Jr., and his wife Iladene, who raised their three children here. The elder Walker served as mayor of Temple from 1922 to 1924 and his son was mayor from 1950 to 1952. Both were also City Commissioners and both operated a cotton oil mill.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1978