Details for Boldtville Schoolhouse (Atlas Number 5029000447)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5029000447

Data

Marker Number 447
Atlas Number 5029000447
Marker Title Boldtville Schoolhouse
Index Entry Boldtville Schoolhouse
Address 6634 New Sulpher Springs Rd.
City San Antonio
County Bexar
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 562148
UTM Northing 3248320
Subject Codes educational buildings; educational topics
Marker Year 1984
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Loc. at Boltville community, at interection of Sulphur Springs and Foster roads, San Antonio
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Land for this schoolhouse was given to Bexar County in 1919 by Albert F. Boldt. During that year this two-room building was constructed by local resident Fritz Gembler. From 1919 until 1960 it served as an educational facility for the children of nearby rural families. An example of a typical early 20th-century, two-room Texas schoolhouse, the structure features a pedimented porch with a cupola. (1984)