||Dr. Claudius E. R. King House
||King, Dr. Claudius E. R.
||819 Augusta St.
||houses, residential buildings; Victorian (architectural term); design and construction; medical topics and health professionals; English immigrants/immigration
||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
||819 Augusta St., San Antonio
||Medallion and Plate
||Built by English-born physician C.E.R. King (1839-1919), who came to America in 1851; was a Confederate Army surgeon in Civil War (1861-65).
He moved to San Antonio and in 1880 employed noted archtiect Alfred Giles (1853-1920), also an Englishman, to design house.
In the native stone, Victorian structure, King had both home and office. Descendants resided here until 1929, when Junior League of San Antonio purchased it for use as a tea room and meeting place.