Details for Blanco County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5031000427)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5031000427

Data

Marker Number 427
Atlas Number 5031000427
Marker Title Blanco County Courthouse
Index Entry Blanco County Courthouse
Address
City Johnson City
County Blanco
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 556698
UTM Northing 3349659
Subject Codes Scottish immigrants/immigration; courthouses; Classical Revival (architectural style); design and construction
Marker Year 1983
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location located on courthouse square (7th and G street) in Johnson City
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Designed by San Antonio architect Henry T. Phelps, the 1916 Blanco County Courthouse was the first permanent courthouse built after the seat of government moved from Blanco to Johnson City in 1890. Serving as contractor for the project was stonemason James Waterston, who had come from Scotland to Texas in 1883 to aid in the construction of the state Capitol. The Classical Revival limestone structure features Doric columns and a domed cupola. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983

Images

Blanco County Courthouse (RTHL)
Blanco County Courthouse (RTHL)