Details for "Ace of Clubs" House (Atlas Number 5037009493)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5037009493

Data

Marker Number 9493
Atlas Number 5037009493
Marker Title "Ace of Clubs" House
Index Entry Ace of Clubs House
Address 420 Pine St.
City Texarkana
County Bowie
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 402910
UTM Northing 3698767
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1964
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 14" x 9"
Marker Text Has 3 groups of octagonal rooms (leaves of a club) opening on a rotunda backed by long rectangular rooms (the Club's stem). Rotunda has a marble mantel, French mirrors and spiral stairway and is topped with 20-foot tower. Built 1884 by J. H. Draughan. Owned since 1894 by Henry Moore family. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964