Details for The Nash-Wright House (Atlas Number 5039009615)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5039009615

Data

Marker Number 9615
Atlas Number 5039009615
Marker Title The Nash-Wright House
Index Entry Nash-Wright House, The
Address
City East Columbia
County Brazoria
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 245924
UTM Northing 3226940
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1973
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Duval St., 1 block from SH 35, East Columbia
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text One of oldest houses surviving in Stephen F. Austin colony town of Bell's Landing (East Columbia). Founded 1823 by Josiah H. Bell. Earliest part of this house was built about 1847 on cedar pole framing by George Lewis Nash, who lived here with his family for about 45 years. House was bought 1892 by Martha Caroline Wright, wife of merchant James P. Wright. The Wrights added extensive area. Their descendants own and preserve the property. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1973