Details for Brandt Badger House (Atlas Number 5053009701)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5053009701

Data

Marker Number 9701
Atlas Number 5053009701
Marker Title Brandt Badger House
Index Entry Badger, Brandt, House
Address 404 S. Avenue M
City Marble Falls
County Burnet
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 568502
UTM Northing 3381975
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; pioneers
Marker Year 1974
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 404 S. Avenue M
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Brandt Badger (1839-1920), a veteran of the Confederate Army, moved to Burnet from Gonzales in 1885, and in 1887, helped found Marble Falls. He built this house in 1888 of granite from nearby "Granite Mountain". The stones were cut from quarry rubble remaining after the "shaping" of the blocks for the State Capitol building. The structure has 8 rooms and 6 fireplaces. Badger lived in the house until his death, and it was owned by the family until 1943. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1974