Details for 1910 Post Office Building (Atlas Number 5053009740)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5053009740

Data

Marker Number 9740
Atlas Number 5053009740
Marker Title 1910 Post Office Building
Index Entry 1910 Post Office Building
Address 115 Main St.
City Marble Falls
County Burnet
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 569337
UTM Northing 3382653
Subject Codes post office
Marker Year 1989
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 115 Main St.
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Established in 1884, the original Marble Falls Post Office was built south of the Colorado River. William P. Cochran, appointed postmaster in 1901, built this structure in 1910 and leased it to the U. S. Government for use as a post office. It continued to serve as a postal facility until about 1950. Constructed of poured concrete, the building features a central double door with three-pane transom, a simply detailed cornice, and a stone parapet. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989