Details for Stafford-Paris House (Atlas Number 5063009810)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5063009810

Data

Marker Number 9810
Atlas Number 5063009810
Marker Title Stafford-Paris House
Index Entry Stafford-Paris House
Address 333 Quitman St.
City Pittsburg
County Camp
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 315712
UTM Northing 3652796
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; local law enforcement officer
Marker Year 1981
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location at Texas St.
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This Victorian residence with ornate gingerbread woodwork was built in 1899 for the family of Eugene Fore. In 1913 it was sold to Camp County Sheriff J. D. Stafford, who lived here for 24 years. Dr. Ernest Paris, a prominent local chiropractor, and his wife Margret, bought the home in 1941. Other community leaders who resided here include Dr. R. Y. Lacy and Dr. R. C. Treynham, whose wife Cora was the stepdaughter of W. H. Pitts, for whom the town was named. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981