Details for First Christian Church of Santa Anna (Atlas Number 5083001716)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5083001716

Data

Marker Number 1716
Atlas Number 5083001716
Marker Title First Christian Church of Santa Anna
Index Entry First Christian Church of Santa Anna
Address
City Santa Anna
County Coleman
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 469507
UTM Northing 3511554
Subject Codes Christian (Disciples of Christ) denominations; churches
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location S. 1st St. and Avenue C
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Founded in 1894, this congregation worshiped in various places until members purchased this lot in 1900 and began construction of their own building. The Rev. E. M. Douthit and the Rev. B. B. Sanders led the dedication ceremonies in April 1901. A solid brass bell hangs in the off-center entry tower and spire that dominates this frame church. The interior has original beaded ceiling and wainscoting. The kerosene lamp in the vestibule has been converted to electricity. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976