Details for Charles P. and Sallie G. Heard Home (Atlas Number 5085006163)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5085006163

Data

Marker Number 6163
Atlas Number 5085006163
Marker Title Charles P. and Sallie G. Heard Home
Index Entry Heard, Charles P. and Sallie G., House
Address 524 W. Hunt St.
City McKinney
County Collin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 721874
UTM Northing 3675747
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Queen Anne (Architectural style); design and construction; Eastlake; women
Marker Year 1981
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 524 West Hunt Street, McKinney
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text This residence was constructed by local merchant and cotton broker Charles P. Heard (d. 1937) and his wife Sallie (Galbreath) (d. 1949), McKinney philanthropists. Designed by architect John Martin, it was completed in 1893. The exterior features details of the Queen Anne and Eastlake styles in the design of the porch and the use of intricate woodwork. Family members continued to live here until the 1970s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980 Incise on base: Exterior restored by John O. and Carol E. Finch - 1980