Details for Heard-Craig House (Atlas Number 5085006165)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5085006165

Data

Marker Number 6165
Atlas Number 5085006165
Marker Title Heard-Craig House
Index Entry Heard-Craig House
Address 205 W. Hunt St.
City McKinney
County Collin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 722132
UTM Northing 3675904
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; design and construction; markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1975
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 205 West Hunt Street, McKinney
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Designed by the noted architect J.E. Flanders of Dallas, this home was built in 1900 for Stephen D. Heard (1847-1926), a prominent merchant and business leader, and his wife, Lillie Snapp Heard. Their daughter, Kathryn (Mrs. Thomas) Craig, inherited the structure in 1932 and occupied it until her death in 1970. She left the property to the Heard-Craig Woman's Club Trust for use as a clubhouse. The house was restored under the direction of the original board of trustees. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975