Details for Walnut Grove Presbyterian Church (Atlas Number 5085006218)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5085006218

Data

Marker Number 6218
Atlas Number 5085006218
Marker Title Walnut Grove Presbyterian Church
Index Entry Walnut Grove Presbyterian Church
Address
City Walnut Grove
County Collin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 710572
UTM Northing 3681606
Subject Codes eccesiastical buildings; churches; Presbyterian denomination
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location FM 2478, 3 miles north of US 380, 8 miles west of McKinney
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Organized in 1846 by the Rev. J.N. Vance, this fellowship was first called Union Congregation. In 1858 the name was changed to Walnut Grove. The first church building on this property, donated by D.M. Crutchfield, was erected in 1869. Camp meetings were often held on the church grounds. Today the congregation worships in this frame country church, built in 1886 and remodeled in 1968. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976