Details for Gober-Barron-Williford House (Atlas Number 5101002194)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5101002194

Data

Marker Number 2194
Atlas Number 5101002194
Marker Title Gober-Barron-Williford House
Index Entry Gober-Barron-Williford House
Address 1314 Easley Street
City Paducah
County Cottle
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 379274
UTM Northing 3764393
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Victorian (architectural term)
Marker Year 1962
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 1314 Easley Street, Paducah
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Late Victorian structure, has fine glass and gingerbread trim. Built 1896 and lived in by first (1892-1898) Cottle County Sheriff, Joe L. Gober. At that time, many townspeople lived in dugouts. Building materials had to be hauled from railroad towns of Childress and Quanah. (Paducah acquired railway line in 1909). Gober sold home to W. M. Barron, who was County's third sheriff. Since, 1941, it has been owned by the J. H. Williford family. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1962