Details for Crosby County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5107012434)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5107012434

Data

Marker Number 12434
Atlas Number 5107012434
Marker Title Crosby County Courthouse
Index Entry Crosby County Courthouse
Address
City Crosbyton
County Crosby
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes courthouses; Neoclassical (architectural style)
Marker Year 2000
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Aspen and Berkshire streets, Crosbyton
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Two years after Crosby County voters chose the new town of Crosbyton as their county seat in 1910, the courts finally resolved the subsequent election disputes, and the Crosby County commissioners set about the business of constructing a new courthouse. Fort Worth architect M. L. Waller designed this building in the Neo-Classical style, featuring a full-height entry with triangular pediment supported by columns. Contractor S. Goodrum of Sweetwater completed the courthouse in late 1914, and it has served as the center of politics and government in Crosby County since that time. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2000