Details for Dr. Frank E. Rutherford Veterinary Hospital (Atlas Number 5113011838)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5113011838

Data

Marker Number 11838
Atlas Number 5113011838
Marker Title Dr. Frank E. Rutherford Veterinary Hospital
Index Entry Rutherford Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Frank E.
Address 924 S. Haskell
City Dallas
County Dallas
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 709391
UTM Northing 3629543
Subject Codes animals; hospitals; commercial buildings
Marker Year 1999
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This building was erected about 1924 to house the veterinary practice of Dr. Frank E. Rutherford (1876-1932), who began practicing in east and south Dallas in about 1906. When Dr. Rutherford died in 1932, his son-in-law graduated from veterinary school and assumed ownership of the practice; Rutherford's widow Nell retained title to the building until her death in 1975. The practice continues in operation under new ownership. The fine structure's outstanding features include a line of transom windows, simple parapet and tile roof canopy. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999