Details for Rayzor-Graham House (Atlas Number 5121004207)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5121004207

Data

Marker Number 4207
Atlas Number 5121004207
Marker Title Rayzor-Graham House
Index Entry Rayzor-Graham House
Address 928 W. Hickory St.
City Denton
County Denton
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 673094
UTM Northing 3676638
Subject Codes Bungalow (Architectural style); Four Square (Architectural style); houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1989
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location N. side of W. Hickory St., between W. Welch St. and Denton St.
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Business and civic leader J. Fred Rayzor (1890-1965) had this home constructed in 1912 by local builder M. T. Goodwin. It was purchased in 1941 by W. E. Graham (1890-1963) and remained in his family until 1974. Features of the one-story American foursquare home include bungalow details in the door, columns, and windows. Also of note are the central entry in the deep attached porch, a hipped dormer, and washboard siding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989

Images

Rayzor-Graham House (RTHL)
Rayzor-Graham House (RTHL)