Details for S. W. Lowe House (Atlas Number 5129004403)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5129004403

Data

Marker Number 4403
Atlas Number 5129004403
Marker Title S. W. Lowe House
Index Entry Lowe, S.W., House
Address 507 W. 5th Street
City Clarendon
County Donley
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 327037
UTM Northing 3868020
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1982
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 507 W. 5th Street, Clarendon
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Local merchants J. G. and F. D. Martin built this house in 1904. Rancher James M. Calhoun owned the property from 1910 to 1914 and cattleman Robert H. Muir from 1914 to 1926. Muir sold the residence in 1926 to Sam W. Lowe, a college educator, merchant, stock farmer, and civic and church leader who served three terms as Donley County judge. Lowe died in 1968, but his wife of 53 years, Lilac, continued to occupy the house until 1981. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1982